4.4.15

drawing challenge 163: the key







the theme 'the key' is chosen by VERONICA
for the link to the other participants, please go here


a few weeks ago i spent the day with an old friend in Rotterdam
the city where i was born and lived until i was 9 and we moved to a village
i moved back to Rotterdam, this time to the centre, when i was 22
i lived and worked there, (met my Love and our two sons were born there),
until 13 years ago we moved to the village where we still live

Rotterdam is the place that i (still) call 'home'
my heart leaps a little when i hear the name Rotterdam
and so fine, the water is always nearby  ;^))
the best way to approach the city is from the east:
the view of the city driving along the Maasboulevard is beautiful
that picture is made by Paul Martens

i am not sure all this fits the theme
but for me Rotterdam is one of 'the keys' that makes me me



een paar weken geleden bracht ik, samen met een oude vriend, de dag door in Rotterdam
de stad waar ik ben geboren en leefde tot ik 9 was en we verhuisden naar een dorp
ik verhuisde terug naar Rotterdam, dit keer naar het centrum, toen ik 22 was
ik woonde en werkte er, (leerde mijn Lief kennen en onze beide zonen werden er geboren), 
tot we 13 jaar geleden verhuisden naar het dorp waar we nu nog steeds wonen

Rotterdam is de plaats die ik (nog steeds) 'thuis' noem
mijn hart maakt een sprongetje als ik de naam Rotterdam hoor
en ook zo fijn, het water is altijd vlakbij  ;^))
de beste manier om de stad te benaderen is vanaf de oostkant:
het zicht op de stad rijdend over de Maasboulevard is prachtig
die foto is gemaakt door Paul Martens

ik ben niet zeker of dit alles past bij het thema
maar voor mij is Rotterdam een van 'de sleutels' die mij mij maakt


9 opmerkingen:

  1. and a special key it is, also special to me because it's home to stepdaughter and grandson,
    a wonderful city indeed, i never miss out on going to the market (close to that beautiful new indoor one) and buy loads of flowers and other goodies.
    happy easter , xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. you sure have honored this city with your beautiful photos!
    i love the clouds in the second photo, day dream clouds for me.
    Most certainly you have expressed this place is key to you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Rotterdam is obviously an important key to who you are, and to happy memories in your life. The photos are beautiful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Rotterdam in 4 images: great choice!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Rotterdam in 4 images: great choice!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Rotterdam looks like a beautiful city with amazing modern architecture.
    You being you, Patrice, adds some much to our group. xo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. great pictures!
    The key to you - now I have one more key to you, that´s very nice!
    x Stefanie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. well then, if rotterdam is the key to who you are, you'll well tell me all about what to visit, no? i've not ever been, patrice, and i sense i can love it. i'm mailing you back tomorrow. your propositions sound good!! n♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. I understand this you say about the city in which you lived your whole life.
    But I want to say something, that (it has nothing to do with this, thatas you say) it occurred to me, seeing these Huge buildings. These buildings have a key? What is the idea of having a key? Save valuable things? Well, I think these buildings have within it valuable things ... but surely not have a key! (in the sense: a door with a key)
    I apologize, it's something that came to my mind from wseeing the pics. :)
    I love that now you live in a small town. (the same happened to me. 10 years ago I live in a small village far from the city) During the first years here, I kept thinking that my house was the former in which I lived most of my life. Now this is my home. I forgot the past.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Blogarchief

Volgers